At an AGM on 9th June, the branch carried a motion in support of twinning with Bournemouth University UCU to support their marking and assessment boycott over the current National Four Fights and USS dispute.
The motion resolutions were:
- To twin with Bournemouth UCU branch, including:
- To make an initial donation of up to £5,000 to Bournemouth’s strike fund from our branch
- To ask our members to donate, where possible, up to 1 day’s pay per week to Bournemouth while the branch remains on boycott
- To ask our members to send messages of solidarity to Bournemouth branch, and share their social media posts, publicity, etc
- To ask Bournemouth branch for regular updates on the boycott, and invite some of their members to attend our next branch meeting
Post your messages of solidarity and support on our dedicated Kudoboard.
Show your support with a financial contribution to their gofundme campaign (campaign is in the name of the branch treasurer).
Raise awareness of their ongoing boycott via their Twitter account.
Liverpool University UCU Branch supports Bournemouth UCU in holding the line in the fight against pay inequality, spiralling workloads, casualisation, pay degradation and devalued pensions!